Intentional culture can only be built via intentional decisions. Intentional selection of words matter in the way culture is cultivated. That's why we're a 100% distributed company, not a "remote" company.
1. shared or spread out.
2. (of a computer system) spread over several machines, especially over a network.
1. (of a place) situated far from the main centers of population; distant.
2. distant in time.
3. having very little connection with or relationship to.
4. distantly related.
5. (of a chance or possibility) unlikely to occur.
6. (of a person) aloof and unfriendly in manner.
Creating an intentional distributed work culture means the work we're doing is shared amongst our entire team, enabling us to spread out globally. Whereas remote work inherently creates a sense of distance and relationships that lack connection.